Keep Calm & Shop Thrift Stores!

Keep Calm
      &
Shop Thrift Stores!

I'm lucky to live in the Dallas, Texas area where there is a plethora of places to feed anyone's shopping habits.  People who love to shop are also generally great donaters which help keep the thrift/charity stores running and Dallas has plenty of them.  You could spend an entire weekend thrift shopping and only manage to hit a small percentage of stores. 

At one of my favorite stores, everything with a B or P was another 50% off, how in the world could I resist?

Brand new in the box Pumpernickel Press Cool Cottontail Cards, 16 cards & 17 envelopes. 
My cost .96


Another picture without the lid on so you can see the lovely details on the cards.  I love bunnies, maybe I should get a bunny instead of wanting chickens....hmmmmm.


M&M Treat Sacks-I just liked these, don't have a clue what I'll do with them yet.
My cost .33


Monarch Stationery Set orginally sold at Target.
My cost .96


Monarch Stationery Set


Brand New Hallmark Java Stationery
My cost .96


See inside, just a torn wrapper and original price of $6.95


Coffee Stationery & Envelope

My final cost before tax $3.21, that's a deal to me! 

I also picked up some vintage dishes and several other goodies for a song of a price.  Do you shop at thrift/charity stores or no way you'd step foot in one?  What do you look for?
7 Responses
  1. phonelady Says:

    oh yes I do shop thrift stores mostly new clothes and t shirts and shorts for the summer .I also can find deals on books and stationery as well you are awesome lady and your blog rocks .


  2. Jackie Says:

    Wow, you did get some great deals! I would love to shop at thrift stores, if there were any here. We have the standard Goodwill, Salvation Army and Habitat ReStores, and a bunch of junky looking antique stores. I see so many cool things that people find in thrift stores, I wish we had some good ones here.


  3. ~JarieLyn~ Says:

    I love thrift stores. I have three that are each no more than two miles from my house, but we have them all over town. I ususally go straight to the office/paper aisle. That's what I buy lately, but whatever catches my eye.


  4. Jan Says:

    I definitely shop at thrift stores but I've never found that much awesome stuff in one trip. I usually only get lucky and find something really good every 2nd or 3rd trip. :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    We have a lot of charity shops in the UK and hubby and I never pass by one without a quick peek inside! I tend to go for books more than anything else and have found some pretty good bargains there over the years.

    Gill at LetterMo 2013.


  6. Eunice Says:

    I love charity shops and junk shops. I've picked up some lovely stationery sets from them.


  7. Love all the things you've bought! :) And the treat sacks you can use for gifts in a letter. I have some of them of Hello Kitty too. :)