The Power of Written Words in My Life

If you happen to stop by here and read you already know that I post rhymes, poems and other little things that come out of my head on a regular basis. 

Recently, I posted this:

Never underestimate the power of a card or letter you send,
it just might arrive on a day when someones world
feels like it's coming to an end.

I was the recipient of a letter on a day when I felt like my world was coming to an end. 

JarieLyn's (Special Delivery)  letter arrived just a few days after I lost my ever faithful canine companion, Oreo.  She was with me for almost 14 years and died unexpectedly on November 13, 2012.  Saying she was an amazing dog would be an understatement.  Saying I'm heartbroken would also be an understatement.  I miss her so much, it hurts to breathe.

JariLyn didn't have a clue that Oreo had passed.  She shared about losing her dog earlier this year and getting through the days since then.  Her letter was full of strength, grace, kindness and understanding, it was like she knew just what to write and just when to send it.  Fate maybe?

JariLyn, I will be forever thankful for your letter, your lovingly written words and strength.  They arrived at a time when I thought my world was coming to an end.
2 Responses
  1. ~JarieLyn~ Says:

    Angie, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm not sure it gets any easier but there will come a time when you won't cry on a daily basis anymore. I received your letter yesterday and I was heartbroken for you when I read it.

    I'm glad my letter was helpful to you and I thank you for you kind words.

    Grief is a process. Itt does not need to be rushed.


  2. Amit Says:

    I am sorry for your loss. I knew that Oreo was ill through your last letter but I certainly didn't know about this.I remember reading your rhyme and I am glad that JarieLyn's letter was there to help you restore strength.

    It takes time but I'm sure you will recover from your sorrow.